Monadnock Papers And Boards Now FSC-Certified
Monadnock Paper Mills announced that its line-up of Graphic Arts Printing and Packaging Papers and Boards is now certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
The Forest Stewardship Council, founded in 1993, is an alliance of global environmental and social groups, forestry professionals and indigenous peoples’ organizations that monitor and support chain-of-custody systems for sustainable forestry. IKEA and Steelcase, for example, have received FSC certification on some types of wood used in their products.
Products in the Monadnock’s new sample book include fine printing grades Astrolite, Astrolite PC 100, Dulcet, and Caress – as well as Duraprint, Durascent, and Envi packaging papers and boards.
Products are manufactured carbon neutral using 100 percent renewable electricity.
In June, OfficeMax introduced 100 percent post-consumer paper at its self-serve copy machines. A few months later, Xerox began highlighting FSC-certified paper that uses 20 percent post-consumer, recycled content among its array of digital printing supplies.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike