Monadnock Papers And Boards Now FSC-Certified
Monadnock Paper Mills announced that its line-up of Graphic Arts Printing and Packaging Papers and Boards is now certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
The Forest Stewardship Council, founded in 1993, is an alliance of global environmental and social groups, forestry professionals and indigenous peoples’ organizations that monitor and support chain-of-custody systems for sustainable forestry. IKEA and Steelcase, for example, have received FSC certification on some types of wood used in their products.
Products in the Monadnock’s new sample book include fine printing grades Astrolite, Astrolite PC 100, Dulcet, and Caress – as well as Duraprint, Durascent, and Envi packaging papers and boards.
Products are manufactured carbon neutral using 100 percent renewable electricity.
In June, OfficeMax introduced 100 percent post-consumer paper at its self-serve copy machines. A few months later, Xerox began highlighting FSC-certified paper that uses 20 percent post-consumer, recycled content among its array of digital printing supplies.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned