Monadnock Papers And Boards Now FSC-Certified
Monadnock Paper Mills announced that its line-up of Graphic Arts Printing and Packaging Papers and Boards is now certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
The Forest Stewardship Council, founded in 1993, is an alliance of global environmental and social groups, forestry professionals and indigenous peoples’ organizations that monitor and support chain-of-custody systems for sustainable forestry. IKEA and Steelcase, for example, have received FSC certification on some types of wood used in their products.
Products in the Monadnock’s new sample book include fine printing grades Astrolite, Astrolite PC 100, Dulcet, and Caress – as well as Duraprint, Durascent, and Envi packaging papers and boards.
Products are manufactured carbon neutral using 100 percent renewable electricity.
In June, OfficeMax introduced 100 percent post-consumer paper at its self-serve copy machines. A few months later, Xerox began highlighting FSC-certified paper that uses 20 percent post-consumer, recycled content among its array of digital printing supplies.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market