Pelosi Won’t Move Cap-and-Trade Bill Until Congress Is Ready
House speaker Nancy Pelosi recently said that although she has sufficient backing in the Democratic-controlled House to move a cap-and-trade bill, she will not force the issue in the 111th Congress, Wall Street Journal reports.
Pelosi said she is not sure if Congress will be ready and that “We won’t go before we’re ready.” That’s a contrast from a recent statement where she said, “We need action, and we need action now.”
Pelosi’s cautious words have caused a stir among environmental campaigners and conservatives. On the one side environmentalists are worried that aggressive climate change action will fall by the wayside. As for conservatives, they are scoffing at Pelosi’s turnaround on the urgency of tackling climate change.
Nasa Scientist Prof. James Hansen recently offered Obama three policy measures to tackle climate change.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency