Clorox’s Green Line Takes 42% Of Natural Cleaners Market
Clorox’s Green Works line, launched in Dec. ’07, has become the top-selling line of natural cleaners, reports the Associated Press (via the Mercury News).
Clorox has 42 percent of the total natural cleaners market and is estimated to generate more than $200 million in revenue annually.
To attract shoppers away from competitors, the CPG giant used its enormous distribution network and kept prices low. While other brands typically charge 50-60 percent more than regular cleaners, Green Works products cost just 10-20 percent more.
Last summer, the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus told the company to discontinue or modify some of the ads for its Clorox Green Works.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016