Clorox’s Green Line Takes 42% Of Natural Cleaners Market
Clorox’s Green Works line, launched in Dec. ’07, has become the top-selling line of natural cleaners, reports the Associated Press (via the Mercury News).
Clorox has 42 percent of the total natural cleaners market and is estimated to generate more than $200 million in revenue annually.
To attract shoppers away from competitors, the CPG giant used its enormous distribution network and kept prices low. While other brands typically charge 50-60 percent more than regular cleaners, Green Works products cost just 10-20 percent more.
Last summer, the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus told the company to discontinue or modify some of the ads for its Clorox Green Works.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland