Clorox’s Green Line Takes 42% Of Natural Cleaners Market
Clorox’s Green Works line, launched in Dec. ’07, has become the top-selling line of natural cleaners, reports the Associated Press (via the Mercury News).
Clorox has 42 percent of the total natural cleaners market and is estimated to generate more than $200 million in revenue annually.
To attract shoppers away from competitors, the CPG giant used its enormous distribution network and kept prices low. While other brands typically charge 50-60 percent more than regular cleaners, Green Works products cost just 10-20 percent more.
Last summer, the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus told the company to discontinue or modify some of the ads for its Clorox Green Works.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV