Clorox’s Green Line Takes 42% Of Natural Cleaners Market
Clorox’s Green Works line, launched in Dec. ’07, has become the top-selling line of natural cleaners, reports the Associated Press (via the Mercury News).
Clorox has 42 percent of the total natural cleaners market and is estimated to generate more than $200 million in revenue annually.
To attract shoppers away from competitors, the CPG giant used its enormous distribution network and kept prices low. While other brands typically charge 50-60 percent more than regular cleaners, Green Works products cost just 10-20 percent more.
Last summer, the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus told the company to discontinue or modify some of the ads for its Clorox Green Works.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls