EDF Launches Innovation Exchange For Businesses
The Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) launched the Innovation Exchange, an online resource which offers a free set of recommendations, case studies, publications and tools to help businesses identify and share ways to improve their environmental performance and reduce costs.
The site also includes a five-step “Getting Started” resource that includes recommendations for companies just beginning to understand their environmental performance who need guidance on everything from measuring impact to taking concrete action.
EDF says many of the tools, best practices, and case studies on the site are based on the fund’s experience creating environmental innovations through partnering with Fortune 500 companies.
Last December, as part of EDF’s Climate Corps program, MBA students helped companies identify opportunities to save $35 million in net operational costs over five years while cutting 57,000 tons of carbon pollution annually.
Energy Manager News
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Trimble Acquires Sefaira
- Truman (MO) State: “We’ll Save $1 Million Annually on Energy Upgrade”
- PJM Tool Demos How Price Fluctuations, Weather Impact Customer Bills
- Study: State RPS Policies Have Yielded Sizable Consumer Savings
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break