EDF Launches Innovation Exchange For Businesses
The Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) launched the Innovation Exchange, an online resource which offers a free set of recommendations, case studies, publications and tools to help businesses identify and share ways to improve their environmental performance and reduce costs.
The site also includes a five-step “Getting Started” resource that includes recommendations for companies just beginning to understand their environmental performance who need guidance on everything from measuring impact to taking concrete action.
EDF says many of the tools, best practices, and case studies on the site are based on the fund’s experience creating environmental innovations through partnering with Fortune 500 companies.
Last December, as part of EDF’s Climate Corps program, MBA students helped companies identify opportunities to save $35 million in net operational costs over five years while cutting 57,000 tons of carbon pollution annually.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array