Michelin Unveils ‘Energy Saver All-Season Tire’
Michelin unveiled its Energy Saver All-Season tire, part of an environmentally friendly performance package that is ‚Äúunprecedented‚ÄĚ in the industry, according to the company. As much as 20 percent of the energy needed to operate a car is tire-related, according to some industry estimates.
Michelin is touting the Michelin Energy Saver All-Season tire as one of the first all-season tires in the industry that combines low levels of rolling resistance with exceptional treadlife, wet braking, and all-season performance. It will be targeted at consumers with passenger car vehicles who drive less than 10,000 miles per year.
The tire will be officially introduced at the 2009 North American International Auto Show in January; consumers will be able to purchase the tire this summer.
In 2007, Michelin ran an outdoor campaign that projected ‚Äúgreen meters‚ÄĚ touting the fuel efficiency of its tires near landmarks in Berlin, New York City, Paris and Shanghai.
Last February, Yokohama launched a fuel-efficient tire, dubbed DNA Earth-1.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market