Solar Panel Field Finds Home in LA
Los Angeles welcomed another solar panel field to their city today. Located on the roof of the MGM Tower parking building, this solar system is now the third largest in the city.
In July of 2008, the MGM Tower received silver certification by the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED rating system.
Over the past few months, the number of solar panels being installed in California has skyrocketed. New tax breaks are convincing some to make the change, and new financing models in the state have made it possible for many to install the panels at a very low cost.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling