Solar Panel Field Finds Home in LA
Los Angeles welcomed another solar panel field to their city today. Located on the roof of the MGM Tower parking building, this solar system is now the third largest in the city.
In July of 2008, the MGM Tower received silver certification by the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED rating system.
Over the past few months, the number of solar panels being installed in California has skyrocketed. New tax breaks are convincing some to make the change, and new financing models in the state have made it possible for many to install the panels at a very low cost.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store