Solar Panel Field Finds Home in LA
Los Angeles welcomed another solar panel field to their city today. Located on the roof of the MGM Tower parking building, this solar system is now the third largest in the city.
In July of 2008, the MGM Tower received silver certification by the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED rating system.
Over the past few months, the number of solar panels being installed in California has skyrocketed. New tax breaks are convincing some to make the change, and new financing models in the state have made it possible for many to install the panels at a very low cost.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs