Solar Panel Field Finds Home in LA
Los Angeles welcomed another solar panel field to their city today. Located on the roof of the MGM Tower parking building, this solar system is now the third largest in the city.
In July of 2008, the MGM Tower received silver certification by the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED rating system.
Over the past few months, the number of solar panels being installed in California has skyrocketed. New tax breaks are convincing some to make the change, and new financing models in the state have made it possible for many to install the panels at a very low cost.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy