Wal-Mart, World Environment Center Team Up for Central America Project
Wal-Mart in partnership with the World Environment Center (WEC) launched an initiative to increase cleaner production and energy efficiency practices in El Salvador and Guatemala. The project is conducted through the U.S. Department of State-funded â€śCleaner Production Private Sector Partnershipsâ€ť project in Central America.
WEC will work with Wal-Mart’s small and medium local suppliers to provide technical assistance in the following areas: energy and water savings; waste, raw material and emissions reductions; implementation of environmental management systems; and accessing financial resources. More than 24 suppliers will benefit from the project, they claim.
Last December, Wal-Mart opened its â€śeco-efficient hypermarketâ€ť in the Campinho district, north of Rio de Janeiro.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management