Raley’s Joins EPA’s GreenChill Refrigeration Partnership
EPA’s GreenChill Partnership works with food retailers to promote green technologies, strategies, and practices that protect the stratospheric ozone layer, reduce greenhouse gases – and save money.
Under the agreement with the EPA, Raley’s requires all new and remodeled stores to be free of ozone-depleting substances. Stores must also establish an emissions inventory and meet annual emissions reduction targets.
Raley’s has also pledged to develop a refrigeration management plan that lists technologies, strategies and practices used to achieve emissions reductions goals.
Last June, the EPA says GreenChill partners prevented emissions of 2.5 million metric tons of CO2 equivalent and saved almost $13 million in operating costs.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation