Raley’s Joins EPA’s GreenChill Refrigeration Partnership
EPA’s GreenChill Partnership works with food retailers to promote green technologies, strategies, and practices that protect the stratospheric ozone layer, reduce greenhouse gases – and save money.
Under the agreement with the EPA, Raley’s requires all new and remodeled stores to be free of ozone-depleting substances. Stores must also establish an emissions inventory and meet annual emissions reduction targets.
Raley’s has also pledged to develop a refrigeration management plan that lists technologies, strategies and practices used to achieve emissions reductions goals.
Last June, the EPA says GreenChill partners prevented emissions of 2.5 million metric tons of CO2 equivalent and saved almost $13 million in operating costs.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls