Raley’s Joins EPA’s GreenChill Refrigeration Partnership
EPA’s GreenChill Partnership works with food retailers to promote green technologies, strategies, and practices that protect the stratospheric ozone layer, reduce greenhouse gases – and save money.
Under the agreement with the EPA, Raley’s requires all new and remodeled stores to be free of ozone-depleting substances. Stores must also establish an emissions inventory and meet annual emissions reduction targets.
Raley’s has also pledged to develop a refrigeration management plan that lists technologies, strategies and practices used to achieve emissions reductions goals.
Last June, the EPA says GreenChill partners prevented emissions of 2.5 million metric tons of CO2 equivalent and saved almost $13 million in operating costs.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike