World Cocoa Foundation Pledges To Make Cocoa-Growing Sustainable
The World Cocoa Foundation announced sustainability principles and goals (PDF) to help guide industry efforts and prioritize the foundation’s development projects in West Africa, Southeast Asia and the Americas.
The foundation and its members say they are committed to working towards responsible environmental stewardship in cocoa-farming communities where soil and water are conserved, following Integrated Pest Management approaches to limit the use of chemicals.
In addition, the foundation also pledged to improve profits for farmers so that it is more equitable and to ensure that international labor standards and farming practices are safe in cocoa-farming communities.
Last year, confectionary maker Cadbury launched a corporate social responsibility Website called DearCadbury.com.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners