World Cocoa Foundation Pledges To Make Cocoa-Growing Sustainable
The World Cocoa Foundation announced sustainability principles and goals (PDF) to help guide industry efforts and prioritize the foundation’s development projects in West Africa, Southeast Asia and the Americas.
The foundation and its members say they are committed to working towards responsible environmental stewardship in cocoa-farming communities where soil and water are conserved, following Integrated Pest Management approaches to limit the use of chemicals.
In addition, the foundation also pledged to improve profits for farmers so that it is more equitable and to ensure that international labor standards and farming practices are safe in cocoa-farming communities.
Last year, confectionary maker Cadbury launched a corporate social responsibility Website called DearCadbury.com.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales