World Cocoa Foundation Pledges To Make Cocoa-Growing Sustainable
The World Cocoa Foundation announced sustainability principles and goals (PDF) to help guide industry efforts and prioritize the foundation’s development projects in West Africa, Southeast Asia and the Americas.
The foundation and its members say they are committed to working towards responsible environmental stewardship in cocoa-farming communities where soil and water are conserved, following Integrated Pest Management approaches to limit the use of chemicals.
In addition, the foundation also pledged to improve profits for farmers so that it is more equitable and to ensure that international labor standards and farming practices are safe in cocoa-farming communities.
Last year, confectionary maker Cadbury launched a corporate social responsibility Website called DearCadbury.com.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency