World Cocoa Foundation Pledges To Make Cocoa-Growing Sustainable
The World Cocoa Foundation announced sustainability principles and goals (PDF) to help guide industry efforts and prioritize the foundation’s development projects in West Africa, Southeast Asia and the Americas.
The foundation and its members say they are committed to working towards responsible environmental stewardship in cocoa-farming communities where soil and water are conserved, following Integrated Pest Management approaches to limit the use of chemicals.
In addition, the foundation also pledged to improve profits for farmers so that it is more equitable and to ensure that international labor standards and farming practices are safe in cocoa-farming communities.
Last year, confectionary maker Cadbury launched a corporate social responsibility Website called DearCadbury.com.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market