Office Depot Prototype Store Receives LEED Gold
Office Depot was able to achieve a 37 percent energy cost savings compared to code, offset 11 percent of the building’s total annual energy costs by using photovoltaic solar panels, and cut water use by 40 percent by using low-flow plumbing fixtures and dual-flush toilets.
The store also diverted 83 percent of the generated construction waste from landfill and uses active solar tracking skylights to provide natural daylight for over 75 percent of the store. The store also has preferred parking for low-emitting, fuel efficient vehicles as well as carpools and vanpools.
Last month, the company reported a growing interest in green office products.
Energy Manager News
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing