Office Depot Prototype Store Receives LEED Gold
Office Depot was able to achieve a 37 percent energy cost savings compared to code, offset 11 percent of the building’s total annual energy costs by using photovoltaic solar panels, and cut water use by 40 percent by using low-flow plumbing fixtures and dual-flush toilets.
The store also diverted 83 percent of the generated construction waste from landfill and uses active solar tracking skylights to provide natural daylight for over 75 percent of the store. The store also has preferred parking for low-emitting, fuel efficient vehicles as well as carpools and vanpools.
Last month, the company reported a growing interest in green office products.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned