Office Depot Prototype Store Receives LEED Gold
Office Depot was able to achieve a 37 percent energy cost savings compared to code, offset 11 percent of the building’s total annual energy costs by using photovoltaic solar panels, and cut water use by 40 percent by using low-flow plumbing fixtures and dual-flush toilets.
The store also diverted 83 percent of the generated construction waste from landfill and uses active solar tracking skylights to provide natural daylight for over 75 percent of the store. The store also has preferred parking for low-emitting, fuel efficient vehicles as well as carpools and vanpools.
Last month, the company reported a growing interest in green office products.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike