Office Depot Prototype Store Receives LEED Gold
Office Depot was able to achieve a 37 percent energy cost savings compared to code, offset 11 percent of the building’s total annual energy costs by using photovoltaic solar panels, and cut water use by 40 percent by using low-flow plumbing fixtures and dual-flush toilets.
The store also diverted 83 percent of the generated construction waste from landfill and uses active solar tracking skylights to provide natural daylight for over 75 percent of the store. The store also has preferred parking for low-emitting, fuel efficient vehicles as well as carpools and vanpools.
Last month, the company reported a growing interest in green office products.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works