Advanced Data Centers Receives Utilities Reward
Advanced Data Centers (ADC) has announced that it has been rewarded by the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) for their McClellan Park wholesale data center, which focuses on energy efficiency. The reward, called “Savings by Design,” allows ADC a discounted utility rate.
As reported on MSNBC, ADC uses energy-efficient chillers, lighting, power supply systems, and air distribution systems to cut annual energy costs. In their first 70,000 square foot building, they’ve been able to save over $2 million annually in utility costs. Their new McClellan Park location will occupy 50,000 square feet and has been pre-certified LEED Platinum by the U.S. Green Building Council. They’re the only data center in the country to reach the platinum level.
“SMUD applauds ADC for its leadership in environmental design and commitment to reducing its carbon footprint. The projected energy savings will not only significantly reduce costs, but also will make a significant contribution to SMUD’s ambitious energy efficiency goals,” said Clifton Lewis, manager of SMUD programs and services.
The Savings by Design reward program is sponsored by Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Dan Diego Gas and Electric, Southern California Edison Company, Southern California Gas Company, and SMUD. They encourage all commercial properties to consider energy-efficient and high-performance building design that exceeds industry standards.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight