Marriott-Whistler Completes Hybrid Heating System
The Residence Inn by Marriott at Whistler in British Columbia (Canada) completed its third and final installment of Sempa Power’s Hybrid Heating System. The installation will help reduce GHG emissions while cutting energy costs, Marriott said.
“The first two implementations of Sempa’s hybrid heating system have surpassed our expectations by providing GHG emission reductions of over 45 percent while lowering energy costs by over $125,000 each year,” stated Ian Lowe, general manager of The Residence Inn by Marriott-Whistler.
The hotel’s upgrades are part of Marriott International Inc.’s effort to reduce the chain’s GHG emissions by 6 percent (per room) by 2010.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016