Marriott-Whistler Completes Hybrid Heating System
The Residence Inn by Marriott at Whistler in British Columbia (Canada) completed its third and final installment of Sempa Power’s Hybrid Heating System. The installation will help reduce GHG emissions while cutting energy costs, Marriott said.
“The first two implementations of Sempa’s hybrid heating system have surpassed our expectations by providing GHG emission reductions of over 45 percent while lowering energy costs by over $125,000 each year,” stated Ian Lowe, general manager of The Residence Inn by Marriott-Whistler.
The hotel’s upgrades are part of Marriott International Inc.’s effort to reduce the chain’s GHG emissions by 6 percent (per room) by 2010.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency