Marriott-Whistler Completes Hybrid Heating System
The Residence Inn by Marriott at Whistler in British Columbia (Canada) completed its third and final installment of Sempa Power’s Hybrid Heating System. The installation will help reduce GHG emissions while cutting energy costs, Marriott said.
“The first two implementations of Sempa’s hybrid heating system have surpassed our expectations by providing GHG emission reductions of over 45 percent while lowering energy costs by over $125,000 each year,” stated Ian Lowe, general manager of The Residence Inn by Marriott-Whistler.
The hotel’s upgrades are part of Marriott International Inc.’s effort to reduce the chain’s GHG emissions by 6 percent (per room) by 2010.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management