Marriott-Whistler Completes Hybrid Heating System
The Residence Inn by Marriott at Whistler in British Columbia (Canada) completed its third and final installment of Sempa Power’s Hybrid Heating System. The installation will help reduce GHG emissions while cutting energy costs, Marriott said.
“The first two implementations of Sempa’s hybrid heating system have surpassed our expectations by providing GHG emission reductions of over 45 percent while lowering energy costs by over $125,000 each year,” stated Ian Lowe, general manager of The Residence Inn by Marriott-Whistler.
The hotel’s upgrades are part of Marriott International Inc.’s effort to reduce the chain’s GHG emissions by 6 percent (per room) by 2010.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures