Marriott-Whistler Completes Hybrid Heating System
The Residence Inn by Marriott at Whistler in British Columbia (Canada) completed its third and final installment of Sempa Power’s Hybrid Heating System. The installation will help reduce GHG emissions while cutting energy costs, Marriott said.
“The first two implementations of Sempa’s hybrid heating system have surpassed our expectations by providing GHG emission reductions of over 45 percent while lowering energy costs by over $125,000 each year,” stated Ian Lowe, general manager of The Residence Inn by Marriott-Whistler.
The hotel’s upgrades are part of Marriott International Inc.’s effort to reduce the chain’s GHG emissions by 6 percent (per room) by 2010.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 100K Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment