Philips Nabs 10% Equity Stake In Tendris Holding
Royal Philips Electronics has acquired a 10 percent equity stake in Tendris Holding, a business incubator and operator in sustainable technology and services headquartered in the Netherlands. The partnership will explore new business opportunities in the area of sustainability.
Financial details of the investment were not disclosed. But as part of the agreement, Philips will be represented in Tendris’s board of directors.
Tendris has developed sustainable services and products in a number of industries, including sustainable lighting solutions with Lemnis and carbon neutral traveling and chemicals with Sparkxis.
Last month, Philips shifted its home electronic business to high-tech commercial lighting. Philips’ CFO, Pierre-Jean Sivignon, said in two years time at least 20 percent of Philips’ lighting sales for commercial use will come from LEDs.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses