Philips Nabs 10% Equity Stake In Tendris Holding
Royal Philips Electronics has acquired a 10 percent equity stake in Tendris Holding, a business incubator and operator in sustainable technology and services headquartered in the Netherlands. The partnership will explore new business opportunities in the area of sustainability.
Financial details of the investment were not disclosed. But as part of the agreement, Philips will be represented in Tendris’s board of directors.
Tendris has developed sustainable services and products in a number of industries, including sustainable lighting solutions with Lemnis and carbon neutral traveling and chemicals with Sparkxis.
Last month, Philips shifted its home electronic business to high-tech commercial lighting. Philips’ CFO, Pierre-Jean Sivignon, said in two years time at least 20 percent of Philips’ lighting sales for commercial use will come from LEDs.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners