All Flat Panel Displays Will Have Green Features By 2014
Just last year only 20 percent of flat panel display (FPD) shipments boasted green features. But according to DisplaySearch, 70 percent of FPD shipments are expected to tout a variety of environmentally friendly features by 2012 – and by 2014, all FDP are expected to have them, EE Times reports.
FPD suppliers and supply chain participants are working on greening FPDs for a variety of reasons. They may want to reduce costs, meet environmental regulation, add to the company’s corporate social responsibility reputation, and/or prevent future damages or customer claims.
Researchers say that not all green FPD technologies will lead to fewer costs for panel makers but that they will eventually be lowered with improvements in technologies and more adoption by suppliers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments