All Flat Panel Displays Will Have Green Features By 2014
Just last year only 20 percent of flat panel display (FPD) shipments boasted green features. But according to DisplaySearch, 70 percent of FPD shipments are expected to tout a variety of environmentally friendly features by 2012 – and by 2014, all FDP are expected to have them, EE Times reports.
FPD suppliers and supply chain participants are working on greening FPDs for a variety of reasons. They may want to reduce costs, meet environmental regulation, add to the company’s corporate social responsibility reputation, and/or prevent future damages or customer claims.
Researchers say that not all green FPD technologies will lead to fewer costs for panel makers but that they will eventually be lowered with improvements in technologies and more adoption by suppliers.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion