All Flat Panel Displays Will Have Green Features By 2014
Just last year only 20 percent of flat panel display (FPD) shipments boasted green features. But according to DisplaySearch, 70 percent of FPD shipments are expected to tout a variety of environmentally friendly features by 2012 – and by 2014, all FDP are expected to have them, EE Times reports.
FPD suppliers and supply chain participants are working on greening FPDs for a variety of reasons. They may want to reduce costs, meet environmental regulation, add to the company’s corporate social responsibility reputation, and/or prevent future damages or customer claims.
Researchers say that not all green FPD technologies will lead to fewer costs for panel makers but that they will eventually be lowered with improvements in technologies and more adoption by suppliers.
Energy Manager News
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract