All Flat Panel Displays Will Have Green Features By 2014
Just last year only 20 percent of flat panel display (FPD) shipments boasted green features. But according to DisplaySearch, 70 percent of FPD shipments are expected to tout a variety of environmentally friendly features by 2012 – and by 2014, all FDP are expected to have them, EE Times reports.
FPD suppliers and supply chain participants are working on greening FPDs for a variety of reasons. They may want to reduce costs, meet environmental regulation, add to the company’s corporate social responsibility reputation, and/or prevent future damages or customer claims.
Researchers say that not all green FPD technologies will lead to fewer costs for panel makers but that they will eventually be lowered with improvements in technologies and more adoption by suppliers.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works