‘Eco-generosity’ To Make Waves In 2009
Trendwatching.com says that in 2009, corporations will do more to get in touch with Generation-G (for generosity), consumers disgusted with greed and its current consequences for the economy and who long for institutions that care. One of the generosity-related trends that may make some waves this year is Eco-generosity.
“Expect companies who are serious about Generation-G and the environment to quickly move from merely neutralizing and offsetting their undesirable eco-effects to actually boosting the environment by going the extra mile.”
Some of Trendwatching.com’s examples include British firm Novacem, which has developed a new formulation for cement production. The firm promises to negate the 0.4 tones of emissions created by one ton of standard cement production, but to also absorb 0.6 tones of CO2 in the same amount of cement.
Green car service, Ecoigo says it is aiming to be carbon positive. The company says it will offset double the emissions from every trip as well as the energy consumed by its office.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management