‘Eco-generosity’ To Make Waves In 2009
Trendwatching.com says that in 2009, corporations will do more to get in touch with Generation-G (for generosity), consumers disgusted with greed and its current consequences for the economy and who long for institutions that care. One of the generosity-related trends that may make some waves this year is Eco-generosity.
“Expect companies who are serious about Generation-G and the environment to quickly move from merely neutralizing and offsetting their undesirable eco-effects to actually boosting the environment by going the extra mile.”
Some of Trendwatching.com’s examples include British firm Novacem, which has developed a new formulation for cement production. The firm promises to negate the 0.4 tones of emissions created by one ton of standard cement production, but to also absorb 0.6 tones of CO2 in the same amount of cement.
Green car service, Ecoigo says it is aiming to be carbon positive. The company says it will offset double the emissions from every trip as well as the energy consumed by its office.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array