‘Natural Claims’ Blanket 23% of Food/Bev Product Launches
âNatural claimsâ were featured on 23 percent of all food and beverages launches globally, according to The Mintel Global New Products Database. It is the most common claim on food and beverages launches in 2008, Marketing Daily reports.
Natural claims include phrasing like âall natural,â âno additives/ preservatives,â âorganic,â and âwhole grain.” In the U.S. such claims were featured on 33 percent of all food and beverages launches last year.
Looking at individual product claims, âkosherâ was featured in 27 percent of all new-product claims, and âall naturalâ followed with 15 percent. “No additives/preservatives” comprised 14 percent of claims, “organic” was on 12 percent,Â and âmicrowaveable” was featured on 10 percent of claims.
Last month, as the economy ate away at people’s finances, it also ate into sales of organic foods.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest âSmart Buildingâ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight