Free GPS-Enabled Carbon Footprint Application for iPhone
Clear Standards, a provider of enterprise carbon management and sustainability systems, is reaching out to individuals with the launch of “Carbon Tracker,” a free GPS-enabled carbon footprint application for the iPhone.
Carbon Tracker lets users calculate the carbon footprint from daily commuting, vacations, or business trips and it uses the iPhone GPS function while traveling to determine the approximate distance of each trip segment. Users can also set monthly “maximum emission” goals and monitor their progress against personal carbon footprint reduction targets.
Clear Standards says that in the future the product may be expanded to track other activities and may provide a way for consumers to buy carbon offsets.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses