Free GPS-Enabled Carbon Footprint Application for iPhone
Clear Standards, a provider of enterprise carbon management and sustainability systems, is reaching out to individuals with the launch of “Carbon Tracker,” a free GPS-enabled carbon footprint application for the iPhone.
Carbon Tracker lets users calculate the carbon footprint from daily commuting, vacations, or business trips and it uses the iPhone GPS function while traveling to determine the approximate distance of each trip segment. Users can also set monthly “maximum emission” goals and monitor their progress against personal carbon footprint reduction targets.
Clear Standards says that in the future the product may be expanded to track other activities and may provide a way for consumers to buy carbon offsets.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- “Tectonic Shift” in US Energy Use: Renewables Surging; Coal, Oil, and Electricity Down
- Daktronics Scores with University of Missouri, NYC Transit System
- Orion Introduces High-Performing High Bays
- LEGO Invests in a German Wind Farm
- Andritz Cuts Energy Consumption at Brazilian Pulp and Paper Mill
- Energy a Big Deal at Cable-Tec Expo
- Accelerating the Growth of Battery Energy Storage Systems
- Solect Energy to Head PowerOptions Small Scale Solar Initiative