EPA Raids Corporation Suspected of Illegal E-Waste Dumping
Agents with the EPA and Immigration and Customs Enforcement recently raided Executive Recycling as part of an investigation into the export and illegal dumping of e-waste abroad, reports The Denver Post.
Executive Recycling markets itself as recycling e-waste in the U.S. in an environmentally correct way. But last November it became the focus of a 60 Minutes investigation on hazardous materials being exported and illegally dumped in China.
At the time, the company responded and said it was the ‚Äúvictim of others who have obtained electronic and computer products from our company and then acted irresponsibly.‚ÄĚ
The EPA bans the overseas export of electronic waste that contains toxic materials such as lead, mercury, cadmium and polyvinyl chlorides.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System