Nearly 100% of Recycled Cell Phones Contain Personal Data
In 2008, the company processed more than 2 million handsets for reuse and recycling.
Last December Regenersis studied a random sample of 2,000 handsets that it processed for recycling and reuse and found that 99 percent of them contained some sort of personal data – and in some cases, sensitive information such as bank details, addresses, and confidential e-mails.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By Leeds
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento
- ORNL Building Efficiency Software Available as Open Source Code
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs