Nearly 100% of Recycled Cell Phones Contain Personal Data
In 2008, the company processed more than 2 million handsets for reuse and recycling.
Last December Regenersis studied a random sample of 2,000 handsets that it processed for recycling and reuse and found that 99 percent of them contained some sort of personal data – and in some cases, sensitive information such as bank details, addresses, and confidential e-mails.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses