Nearly 100% of Recycled Cell Phones Contain Personal Data
In 2008, the company processed more than 2 million handsets for reuse and recycling.
Last December Regenersis studied a random sample of 2,000 handsets that it processed for recycling and reuse and found that 99 percent of them contained some sort of personal data – and in some cases, sensitive information such as bank details, addresses, and confidential e-mails.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market