Nearly 100% of Recycled Cell Phones Contain Personal Data
In 2008, the company processed more than 2 million handsets for reuse and recycling.
Last December Regenersis studied a random sample of 2,000 handsets that it processed for recycling and reuse and found that 99 percent of them contained some sort of personal data – and in some cases, sensitive information such as bank details, addresses, and confidential e-mails.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look