Record No. of Vendors Featured Green Products at Int’l Builders’ Show
Attendance was visibly lower at this year’s International Builders’ Show, but a record 363 vendors featured green products – more than double the number last year – said a spokeswoman for the National Association of Home Builders, AP reports (via Salon).
Increased competition among green product suppliers has driven down costs and made it more affordable to build green homes. Radiant floor systems, for example, are now more affordable than four or five years ago, says Matt Belcher, president of Belcher Homes.
However, most products at the convention didn’t represent major advancements in innovations. Instead, they made modest improvements on how the products are made or made the products more widely available.
At last year’s show, the association launched its National Green Building Program, which aims to compete with the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED rating tools.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management