UL Offers Environmental Claims Verification Service
Underwriters Laboratories, well known for testing product safety, has launched a new unit, UL Environment Inc to verify green claims made by manufacturers.
The company says they will work with manufacturers to test, validate and certify environmentally sustainable products:
Manufacturers may submit their products for UL testing and environmental claims validation. This validation enhances and supports the credibility of sustainability claims, helping to end confusion and giving manufacturers who choose UL validation a competitive edge.
Verifying company claims is a first step on the road to the kind of standards that exist in many industries. As these evolve, UL would then work to certify products according to the standard:
As industry sustainability standards evolve, UL will take on a new testing and certification role. This certification will cover green products and the processes and materials used to create them. The result? Greater product acceptance for manufacturers and a healthier planet.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation