MBDC Offers ‘Cradle To Cradle’ Ingredient Certification
McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) has launched Cradle to Cradle Approved Ingredient certification, which assesses the sustainability of product ingredients for human and environmental health, as well as their capacity for being recycled or composted.
This is the second certification program developed by MBDC.
With the new addition, MBDC moves its assessment down the supply chain, evaluating chemicals and its “19 core human and environmental health criteria” which include: heavy metal content, organohalogen content, toxicity and biodegradability.
To qualify for the designation, an ingredient must meet the “Gold” level criteria for material health and material reutilization, which means it can be placed into either the technical cycle or biological cycle and not contain chemicals that are problematic for human or environmental health.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B