MBDC Offers ‘Cradle To Cradle’ Ingredient Certification
McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) has launched Cradle to Cradle Approved Ingredient certification, which assesses the sustainability of product ingredients for human and environmental health, as well as their capacity for being recycled or composted.
This is the second certification program developed by MBDC.
With the new addition, MBDC moves its assessment down the supply chain, evaluating chemicals and its “19 core human and environmental health criteria” which include: heavy metal content, organohalogen content, toxicity and biodegradability.
To qualify for the designation, an ingredient must meet the “Gold” level criteria for material health and material reutilization, which means it can be placed into either the technical cycle or biological cycle and not contain chemicals that are problematic for human or environmental health.
Energy Manager News
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money