MBDC Offers ‘Cradle To Cradle’ Ingredient Certification
McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) has launched Cradle to Cradle Approved Ingredient certification, which assesses the sustainability of product ingredients for human and environmental health, as well as their capacity for being recycled or composted.
This is the second certification program developed by MBDC.
With the new addition, MBDC moves its assessment down the supply chain, evaluating chemicals and its “19 core human and environmental health criteria” which include: heavy metal content, organohalogen content, toxicity and biodegradability.
To qualify for the designation, an ingredient must meet the “Gold” level criteria for material health and material reutilization, which means it can be placed into either the technical cycle or biological cycle and not contain chemicals that are problematic for human or environmental health.
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working