MBDC Offers ‘Cradle To Cradle’ Ingredient Certification
McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) has launched Cradle to Cradle Approved Ingredient certification, which assesses the sustainability of product ingredients for human and environmental health, as well as their capacity for being recycled or composted.
This is the second certification program developed by MBDC.
With the new addition, MBDC moves its assessment down the supply chain, evaluating chemicals and its “19 core human and environmental health criteria” which include: heavy metal content, organohalogen content, toxicity and biodegradability.
To qualify for the designation, an ingredient must meet the “Gold” level criteria for material health and material reutilization, which means it can be placed into either the technical cycle or biological cycle and not contain chemicals that are problematic for human or environmental health.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform