Todd Stern Named Chief Climate Negotiator
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton named Todd Stern, a former senior White House official, as the new administration’s principal adviser on international climate policy and strategy – as well as its chief climate negotiator, Reuters reports.
From 1997 to 1999, Stern coordinated climate change policy for the Clinton administration, acting as the senior White House negotiator in the Kyoto talks.
Stern promises “vigorous, dramatic diplomacy” and signals a break from the Bush administration’s conservative climate policies.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike