Travelocity Offers Green Directory for Travelers
Vacation-planning company Travelocity announced this week the launch of their new green directory to help consumers plan responsible travel.
The Green Directory is a destination guide for people interested in ecotourism, but goes a step further by creating a list of hotels that are making sustainability efforts so that those traveling for business rather than pleasure can also go green while away from home.
The Green Directory lists approximately 250 hotels, including some hotels with LEED platinum certification. The directory has hotels in all price ranges, many of which serve organic meals at their restaurants and have installed water reduction systems. Some are even carbon-neutral.
Travelocity has also joined in the efforts to help create Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria, a way to rate hotels and tour companies. Currently, their directory is based on a four-tier system that determines if a business is truly trying to be sustainable or just greenwashing.
Last year, the company partnered with KT Tunstall to support efforts to slow climate changes.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike