Bosses Need to Lead By Example in Going Green
The Sunday Times “Best Green Companies” survey reveals that managers who lead by example play a significant factor in the success of environmental initiatives.
Of the 51 questions about environmental performance on the survey, 13 asked specifically about the role played by company bosses. The survey showed a strong correlation between employee’s perception of management practices and a companies’ overall environmental performance.
Will Ullstein, who directed the data analysis, says management can’t just rely on policies and training to drive key environmental messages, they need to make it personal. “Bosses must lead by example and encourage employees to think about how their working practices may affect the environment.”
Energy Manager News
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind