Ignition Offsets Carbon of Client Events
For example, this holiday season, ignition and Brighter Planet minimized the carbon footprint of Coca-Cola’s Holiday Caravan tour of 127 U.S. cities by offsetting 100 percent of the CO2 emissions from the traveling exhibits, MSNBC reports. They also cut down on waste from hand-out items by instituting a recycling program.
Ignition calculates each experiential marketing tour’s carbon footprint by assessing the total impact of travel, energy-use, and waste. Two-thirds of a given marketing tour’s carbon footprint comes from travel and transportation, Ignition found.
It is also phasing in biodiesel in all its vehicles throughout 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market