Ignition Offsets Carbon of Client Events
For example, this holiday season, ignition and Brighter Planet minimized the carbon footprint of Coca-Cola’s Holiday Caravan tour of 127 U.S. cities by offsetting 100 percent of the CO2 emissions from the traveling exhibits, MSNBC reports. They also cut down on waste from hand-out items by instituting a recycling program.
Ignition calculates each experiential marketing tour’s carbon footprint by assessing the total impact of travel, energy-use, and waste. Two-thirds of a given marketing tour’s carbon footprint comes from travel and transportation, Ignition found.
It is also phasing in biodiesel in all its vehicles throughout 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project