Ignition Offsets Carbon of Client Events
For example, this holiday season, ignition and Brighter Planet minimized the carbon footprint of Coca-Cola’s Holiday Caravan tour of 127 U.S. cities by offsetting 100 percent of the CO2 emissions from the traveling exhibits, MSNBC reports. They also cut down on waste from hand-out items by instituting a recycling program.
Ignition calculates each experiential marketing tour’s carbon footprint by assessing the total impact of travel, energy-use, and waste. Two-thirds of a given marketing tour’s carbon footprint comes from travel and transportation, Ignition found.
It is also phasing in biodiesel in all its vehicles throughout 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid