Ignition Offsets Carbon of Client Events
For example, this holiday season, ignition and Brighter Planet minimized the carbon footprint of Coca-Cola’s Holiday Caravan tour of 127 U.S. cities by offsetting 100 percent of the CO2 emissions from the traveling exhibits, MSNBC reports. They also cut down on waste from hand-out items by instituting a recycling program.
Ignition calculates each experiential marketing tour’s carbon footprint by assessing the total impact of travel, energy-use, and waste. Two-thirds of a given marketing tour’s carbon footprint comes from travel and transportation, Ignition found.
It is also phasing in biodiesel in all its vehicles throughout 2009.
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures