McCormick Completes Solar Power Installation
McCormick and Company has completed solar projects on the roof of its Hunt Valley Distribution Center and the McCormick Spice Mill.
Constellation Energy installed a total of 2,100 solar panels and 92,000 square feet of photovoltaic materials for the company. The system is expected to generate about one megawatt of electricity, or enough electricity to power 110 homes annually.
The system is expected to reduce GHG emissions equivalent to removing about 150 vehicles from the road annually. The company expects to cut its electricity costs for these buildings by about 30 percent in the first year alone.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland