McCormick Completes Solar Power Installation
McCormick and Company has completed solar projects on the roof of its Hunt Valley Distribution Center and the McCormick Spice Mill.
Constellation Energy installed a total of 2,100 solar panels and 92,000 square feet of photovoltaic materials for the company. The system is expected to generate about one megawatt of electricity, or enough electricity to power 110 homes annually.
The system is expected to reduce GHG emissions equivalent to removing about 150 vehicles from the road annually. The company expects to cut its electricity costs for these buildings by about 30 percent in the first year alone.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend