McCormick Completes Solar Power Installation
McCormick and Company has completed solar projects on the roof of its Hunt Valley Distribution Center and the McCormick Spice Mill.
Constellation Energy installed a total of 2,100 solar panels and 92,000 square feet of photovoltaic materials for the company. The system is expected to generate about one megawatt of electricity, or enough electricity to power 110 homes annually.
The system is expected to reduce GHG emissions equivalent to removing about 150 vehicles from the road annually. The company expects to cut its electricity costs for these buildings by about 30 percent in the first year alone.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger