McCormick Completes Solar Power Installation
McCormick and Company has completed solar projects on the roof of its Hunt Valley Distribution Center and the McCormick Spice Mill.
Constellation Energy installed a total of 2,100 solar panels and 92,000 square feet of photovoltaic materials for the company. The system is expected to generate about one megawatt of electricity, or enough electricity to power 110 homes annually.
The system is expected to reduce GHG emissions equivalent to removing about 150 vehicles from the road annually. The company expects to cut its electricity costs for these buildings by about 30 percent in the first year alone.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables