McCormick Completes Solar Power Installation
McCormick and Company has completed solar projects on the roof of its Hunt Valley Distribution Center and the McCormick Spice Mill.
Constellation Energy installed a total of 2,100 solar panels and 92,000 square feet of photovoltaic materials for the company. The system is expected to generate about one megawatt of electricity, or enough electricity to power 110 homes annually.
The system is expected to reduce GHG emissions equivalent to removing about 150 vehicles from the road annually. The company expects to cut its electricity costs for these buildings by about 30 percent in the first year alone.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant