AZ Ranch Community Installs Large-Scale Rooftop Solar Array
Rolling Hills Ranch, a developed ranch community in northern Arizona, plans to install a large-scale rooftop photovoltaic array on the immense buildings in its intermodal port.
Called the ‘Intermodal Array,’ it would cover tens of thousands of square meters of warehouse space and generate clean, renewable energy for the community – without taking up valuable land space.
Rolling Hills is comprised of 40-acre-plus lots suitable for home building or ranching and a large commercial development area. NRG Shift, the alternative energy consultant chosen for the project, will seek application information and receive proposals for solar arrays. (The firm is now fielding inquiries and proposals from qualified manufacturers of solar products.)
Last week DuPont reported the completion of its largest solar panel array at its research center in Kauai, Hawaii.
Energy Manager News
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms