Fat Tire Beer Ships In Slimmer 12-Packs
New Belgium Brewing, the makers of Fat Tire beer, have designed a slimmer 12-pack carrier that will save paper, money, and emissions.
By tightening the box so the bottles don’t jostle during shipping, the company was able to remove the paperboard partitions that go in a normal 12-pack. New Belgium estimates this will save them 150 tons of paperboard a year, reduce CO2 emissions by 174 metric tons, and save the company $280,000 in 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array