Fat Tire Beer Ships In Slimmer 12-Packs
New Belgium Brewing, the makers of Fat Tire beer, have designed a slimmer 12-pack carrier that will save paper, money, and emissions.
By tightening the box so the bottles don’t jostle during shipping, the company was able to remove the paperboard partitions that go in a normal 12-pack. New Belgium estimates this will save them 150 tons of paperboard a year, reduce CO2 emissions by 174 metric tons, and save the company $280,000 in 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV