Fat Tire Beer Ships In Slimmer 12-Packs
New Belgium Brewing, the makers of Fat Tire beer, have designed a slimmer 12-pack carrier that will save paper, money, and emissions.
By tightening the box so the bottles don’t jostle during shipping, the company was able to remove the paperboard partitions that go in a normal 12-pack. New Belgium estimates this will save them 150 tons of paperboard a year, reduce CO2 emissions by 174 metric tons, and save the company $280,000 in 2009.
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures