Fat Tire Beer Ships In Slimmer 12-Packs
New Belgium Brewing, the makers of Fat Tire beer, have designed a slimmer 12-pack carrier that will save paper, money, and emissions.
By tightening the box so the bottles don’t jostle during shipping, the company was able to remove the paperboard partitions that go in a normal 12-pack. New Belgium estimates this will save them 150 tons of paperboard a year, reduce CO2 emissions by 174 metric tons, and save the company $280,000 in 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs