Fat Tire Beer Ships In Slimmer 12-Packs
New Belgium Brewing, the makers of Fat Tire beer, have designed a slimmer 12-pack carrier that will save paper, money, and emissions.
By tightening the box so the bottles don’t jostle during shipping, the company was able to remove the paperboard partitions that go in a normal 12-pack. New Belgium estimates this will save them 150 tons of paperboard a year, reduce CO2 emissions by 174 metric tons, and save the company $280,000 in 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike