PGI Appoints First Chief Sustainability Officer
Polymer Group Inc (PGI), a producer of engineered materials, has named their chief marketing officer, John Heironimus, to be the company’s first CSO.
The company will begin publicly disclosing measurements of PGI’s impact on the environment including energy, water use, and carbon emissions; tracking progress on its Web site, and issuing a global score card.
Chief sustainability officers are becoming more popular with companies that want to profit from going green and want to guard the value of their brand.
The move by PGI to make its top marketer the ocmpany’s point person on sustainability will make sense to some people. According to AdAge, since more than 70 percent of consumers link marketers’ social responsibility to their environmental behavior, sustainability officers and marketers must make their missions one and the same.
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’