PGI Appoints First Chief Sustainability Officer
Polymer Group Inc (PGI), a producer of engineered materials, has named their chief marketing officer, John Heironimus, to be the company’s first CSO.
The company will begin publicly disclosing measurements of PGI’s impact on the environment including energy, water use, and carbon emissions; tracking progress on its Web site, and issuing a global score card.
Chief sustainability officers are becoming more popular with companies that want to profit from going green and want to guard the value of their brand.
The move by PGI to make its top marketer the ocmpany’s point person on sustainability will make sense to some people. According to AdAge, since more than 70 percent of consumers link marketers’ social responsibility to their environmental behavior, sustainability officers and marketers must make their missions one and the same.
Energy Manager News
- The Benefits of Continuous Insulation
- Humber College Gets Big Energy Research Funding Infusion
- Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Final Rule Released by DoE
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant