PGI Appoints First Chief Sustainability Officer
Polymer Group Inc (PGI), a producer of engineered materials, has named their chief marketing officer, John Heironimus, to be the company’s first CSO.
The company will begin publicly disclosing measurements of PGI’s impact on the environment including energy, water use, and carbon emissions; tracking progress on its Web site, and issuing a global score card.
Chief sustainability officers are becoming more popular with companies that want to profit from going green and want to guard the value of their brand.
The move by PGI to make its top marketer the ocmpany’s point person on sustainability will make sense to some people. According to AdAge, since more than 70 percent of consumers link marketers’ social responsibility to their environmental behavior, sustainability officers and marketers must make their missions one and the same.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B