PGI Appoints First Chief Sustainability Officer
Polymer Group Inc (PGI), a producer of engineered materials, has named their chief marketing officer, John Heironimus, to be the company’s first CSO.
The company will begin publicly disclosing measurements of PGI’s impact on the environment including energy, water use, and carbon emissions; tracking progress on its Web site, and issuing a global score card.
Chief sustainability officers are becoming more popular with companies that want to profit from going green and want to guard the value of their brand.
The move by PGI to make its top marketer the ocmpany’s point person on sustainability will make sense to some people. According to AdAge, since more than 70 percent of consumers link marketers’ social responsibility to their environmental behavior, sustainability officers and marketers must make their missions one and the same.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland