Enterprise Adds 5,000 Hybrids, Designates Almost 80 ‘Hybrid Branches’
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is adding about 5,000 hybrids to its nationwide fleet and designating almost 80 rental locations across the country as â€śhybrid branches.”
The addition of gas/electric hybrids doubles the amount of hybrids Enterprise owns, according to the company.
The new hybrids will be available at nearly 80 locations in 24 major markets across the country, including the 10 busiest airports for business travelers in the U.S.
Customers will be able to choose from several makes and models of hybrid vehicles including the Toyota Prius, Nissan Altima, Ford Escape and Toyota Camry.
The company also offers a nationwide car sharing program that provides hourly rental options. The vehicles are placed in designated parking spaces where they can be accessed electronically.
Last September, Enterprise opened its first â€śGreen Branchâ€ť in Sacramento.
Correction: The headline on this article was changed to reflect the correct number of hybrids being added to the Enterprise fleet. The correct number is 5,000, according to the Enterprise press release.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy â€“ In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array