Green Grid Launches New Data Center Efficiency Guidelines
The Green Grid launched new data center energy efficiency reporting guidelines and a “data center 2.0″ program at its second annual technical forum.
The New Data Center 2.0 program was also launched to provide the industry with a multi-year set of design guides for data center operators and designers to build and operate energy efficient data centers.
The design guides will provide principles and guidelines for use in both new data center designs and/or retrofits. In addition to the design guide, The Data Center 2.0 program will also include a recognition program for end-users reporting their PUE or DCiE measurements
The Green Grid also released several new white papers:
PUE Scalability – This white paper explains how to use data collected from energy consumption to produce both statistical analysis, and introduces a new metric called PUE Scalability to better assess how well a facility’s total power consumption scales with changes in IT power consumption.
Proxies for Estimating Data Center Productivity – This paper outlines eight possible methods for measurement of useful work in the data center, and the public will have the opportunity to offer feedback on which specific method they prefer.
Using Virtualization To Improve Data Center Efficiency – This paper outlines some of the advantages, considerations, processes, and implementation strategies needed to reduce server power consumption in a data center using virtualization techniques.
All white papers from The Green Grid can be found at http://www.thegreengrid.org/library-and-tools.aspx.
The Green Grid was launched in 2007 to help develop standards, measurement methods, processes and technologies to improve the energy efficiency of high technology products.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight