Novo Nordisk Cuts CO2 Emissions 9%
Novo Nordisk, a Denmark-based Healthcare company, released its annual report on financial, social, and environmental performance.
The non-financial part of the report, which follows current international standards for mandatory and voluntary reporting, includes a section on environmental policy and social responsibility, and restates the company’s commitment to improvement.
According to the report, the company reduced CO2 emissions by 9% and water consumption by 17% even as production and sales increased.
Novo Nordisk was named on of the 100 most sustainable companies on the 2008 Corporate Knights list.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs