Novo Nordisk Cuts CO2 Emissions 9%
Novo Nordisk, a Denmark-based Healthcare company, released its annual report on financial, social, and environmental performance.
The non-financial part of the report, which follows current international standards for mandatory and voluntary reporting, includes a section on environmental policy and social responsibility, and restates the company’s commitment to improvement.
According to the report, the company reduced CO2 emissions by 9% and water consumption by 17% even as production and sales increased.
Novo Nordisk was named on of the 100 most sustainable companies on the 2008 Corporate Knights list.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store