Dow To Power Headquarters With Wind Energy
Dow Corning plans to purchase more than 14,000 megawatt hours of wind power through Consumers Energy’s Green Generation program, making it one of the largest private purchasers of renewable energy in Michigan.
The amount of energy being purchased will meet nearly 100 percent of the electrical load required at Dow’s headquarters in Midland, Michigan – enough to power 1,700 Michigan homes
The company also announced that it is investigating installing a solar array at its corporate headquarters.
In 2007, Dow installed more than 1,000 square meters of solar panels on the roof and facades of its office and production buildings at Dow Corning GmbH in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management