Dow To Power Headquarters With Wind Energy
Dow Corning plans to purchase more than 14,000 megawatt hours of wind power through Consumers Energy’s Green Generation program, making it one of the largest private purchasers of renewable energy in Michigan.
The amount of energy being purchased will meet nearly 100 percent of the electrical load required at Dow’s headquarters in Midland, Michigan – enough to power 1,700 Michigan homes
The company also announced that it is investigating installing a solar array at its corporate headquarters.
In 2007, Dow installed more than 1,000 square meters of solar panels on the roof and facades of its office and production buildings at Dow Corning GmbH in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls