Dow To Power Headquarters With Wind Energy
Dow Corning plans to purchase more than 14,000 megawatt hours of wind power through Consumers Energy’s Green Generation program, making it one of the largest private purchasers of renewable energy in Michigan.
The amount of energy being purchased will meet nearly 100 percent of the electrical load required at Dow’s headquarters in Midland, Michigan – enough to power 1,700 Michigan homes
The company also announced that it is investigating installing a solar array at its corporate headquarters.
In 2007, Dow installed more than 1,000 square meters of solar panels on the roof and facades of its office and production buildings at Dow Corning GmbH in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Energy Manager News
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course