Microsoft Dashboard Tracks Energy Consumption, GHG Emissions
Microsoft has launched Environmental Sustainability Dashboard, an add-on to its Dynamics AX business applications that allows midsize companies to collect auditable data for energy consumption and GHG emissions.
In this version, companies need to enter information manually, but in the next edition, Microsoft expects to get that data automatically from “advanced” meters and directly from utilities, reports CNET’s Green Tech blog.
Microsoft is working with the Clinton Foundation to develop tools that will let cities monitor, compare and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
Microsoft’s not alone with this offering – at a time when businesses have curtailed IT spending, software vendors are stepping up emphasis on features they say can help customers trim power usage, meet regulatory requirements and reduce their environmental impact, BusinessWeek reports.
Autodesk has been working to create software that help designers create eco-friendly products and buildings. The company has teamed up with Sustainable Minds to develop software and information services for Autodesk’s digital prototyping solution. Last year, it acquired two energy analysis software companies -Green Building Studio, and Carmel Software Corporation.
IBM recently launched “Ready for IBM Energy & Environment,” which it says helps clients identify solutions with proven energy and environmental benefits. The company also offers a program to optimize supply chain networks, which suggests improvements to help clients reduce CO2 emissions, fuel usage and costs.
IBM also offers a host of green consulting services such as “Green Sigma” consulting service, “Cradle to Grave” environmental consulting, and a consulting service to help clients assess their CSR reporting and other CSR-related activities.
News on other carbon reporting tools here.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses