Twinings Picks Compostable Packaging
Twinings is wrapping its Everyday tea products in NatureFlex, a sustainable and compostable packaging film offered by Innovia Films.
NatureFlex is a cellulose-based film, made from renewable wood pulp and metallised in-house. Innovia Films says the biodegradable film breaks down in a home compost bin within a matter of weeks.
The packaging also offers high gloss and transparency, resistance to grease and oil, as well as good barrier to gases and aromas and a wide heat-seal range, said the company.
Last year food packaging company PWP Industries introduced AgroResin, a biodegradable packaging that is made from renewable agricultural biomass fiber composite.
Another interesting sustainable packaging is Danjim’s water soluble packaging, which is made from polyvinyl alcohol.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market