Twinings Picks Compostable Packaging
Twinings is wrapping its Everyday tea products in NatureFlex, a sustainable and compostable packaging film offered by Innovia Films.
NatureFlex is a cellulose-based film, made from renewable wood pulp and metallised in-house. Innovia Films says the biodegradable film breaks down in a home compost bin within a matter of weeks.
The packaging also offers high gloss and transparency, resistance to grease and oil, as well as good barrier to gases and aromas and a wide heat-seal range, said the company.
Last year food packaging company PWP Industries introduced AgroResin, a biodegradable packaging that is made from renewable agricultural biomass fiber composite.
Another interesting sustainable packaging is Danjim’s water soluble packaging, which is made from polyvinyl alcohol.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned