Twinings Picks Compostable Packaging
Twinings is wrapping its Everyday tea products in NatureFlex, a sustainable and compostable packaging film offered by Innovia Films.
NatureFlex is a cellulose-based film, made from renewable wood pulp and metallised in-house. Innovia Films says the biodegradable film breaks down in a home compost bin within a matter of weeks.
The packaging also offers high gloss and transparency, resistance to grease and oil, as well as good barrier to gases and aromas and a wide heat-seal range, said the company.
Last year food packaging company PWP Industries introduced AgroResin, a biodegradable packaging that is made from renewable agricultural biomass fiber composite.
Another interesting sustainable packaging is Danjim’s water soluble packaging, which is made from polyvinyl alcohol.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike