Twinings Picks Compostable Packaging
Twinings is wrapping its Everyday tea products in NatureFlex, a sustainable and compostable packaging film offered by Innovia Films.
NatureFlex is a cellulose-based film, made from renewable wood pulp and metallised in-house. Innovia Films says the biodegradable film breaks down in a home compost bin within a matter of weeks.
The packaging also offers high gloss and transparency, resistance to grease and oil, as well as good barrier to gases and aromas and a wide heat-seal range, said the company.
Last year food packaging company PWP Industries introduced AgroResin, a biodegradable packaging that is made from renewable agricultural biomass fiber composite.
Another interesting sustainable packaging is Danjim’s water soluble packaging, which is made from polyvinyl alcohol.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables