Twinings Picks Compostable Packaging
Twinings is wrapping its Everyday tea products in NatureFlex, a sustainable and compostable packaging film offered by Innovia Films.
NatureFlex is a cellulose-based film, made from renewable wood pulp and metallised in-house. Innovia Films says the biodegradable film breaks down in a home compost bin within a matter of weeks.
The packaging also offers high gloss and transparency, resistance to grease and oil, as well as good barrier to gases and aromas and a wide heat-seal range, said the company.
Last year food packaging company PWP Industries introduced AgroResin, a biodegradable packaging that is made from renewable agricultural biomass fiber composite.
Another interesting sustainable packaging is Danjim’s water soluble packaging, which is made from polyvinyl alcohol.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project