Celestial Sees Sales Bounce From Tree Planting Program
Celestial Seasonings has partnered with Trees for the Future to plant one tree in a developing country for every box of Celestial purchased, up to a maximum of 1 million trees.
The brand has also launched a microsite where consumers who register their name and e-mail address can plant a virtual tree. The campaign is “generating strong sales plus customer data for the brand,” Marketing Daily reports.
The campaigns started in January and will run through end of March. So far, the brand has reached half of its 1 million goal and planted about 450 virtual trees, according to Celestial’s online tree-planting site.
The effort is being supported by special displays at retailers throughout the country and two FSIs (one in January, one in February) in newspapers reaching approximately 35 million people. The FSIs feature Celestial’s top-selling variety, Sleepytime herbal tea. The campaign, which ends at the end of March, also has a Facebook page.
Last summer, Celestial Seasonings along with others partnered with Boulder County to research using wood material as a sustainable fuel source for heating their facilities.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”
- 3 Technologies that Will Keep Energy Costs in Check
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By LEED
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento