Celestial Sees Sales Bounce From Tree Planting Program
Celestial Seasonings has partnered with Trees for the Future to plant one tree in a developing country for every box of Celestial purchased, up to a maximum of 1 million trees.
The brand has also launched a microsite where consumers who register their name and e-mail address can plant a virtual tree. The campaign is “generating strong sales plus customer data for the brand,” Marketing Daily reports.
The campaigns started in January and will run through end of March. So far, the brand has reached half of its 1 million goal and planted about 450 virtual trees, according to Celestial’s online tree-planting site.
The effort is being supported by special displays at retailers throughout the country and two FSIs (one in January, one in February) in newspapers reaching approximately 35 million people. The FSIs feature Celestial’s top-selling variety, Sleepytime herbal tea. The campaign, which ends at the end of March, also has a Facebook page.
Last summer, Celestial Seasonings along with others partnered with Boulder County to research using wood material as a sustainable fuel source for heating their facilities.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store