‘Climate Risk Profiles’ Released for Top Companies
A coalition of faith-based investors representing over $100 billion announced they have compiled “climate risk profiles” of over 150 corporations, using data from an independent company.
The companies’ profiles were developed by independent environmental data company Trucost, and noted whether a company reveals their greenhouse gas emissions, the percentage they deviate from their closest industry peers, and over 700 environmental indicators including water use, waste disposal and pollutants.
Examples of the top and bottom performers in three sectors include:
Chemicals – Chemtura Corp. (top) and Dow Chemical Company (bottom).
Financial Services – Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (top) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (bottom).
Technology – Google Inc. (top) and Intel Corporation (bottom).
The complete list is available here.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works