‘Climate Risk Profiles’ Released for Top Companies
A coalition of faith-based investors representing over $100 billion announced they have compiled “climate risk profiles” of over 150 corporations, using data from an independent company.
The companies’ profiles were developed by independent environmental data company Trucost, and noted whether a company reveals their greenhouse gas emissions, the percentage they deviate from their closest industry peers, and over 700 environmental indicators including water use, waste disposal and pollutants.
Examples of the top and bottom performers in three sectors include:
Chemicals – Chemtura Corp. (top) and Dow Chemical Company (bottom).
Financial Services – Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (top) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (bottom).
Technology – Google Inc. (top) and Intel Corporation (bottom).
The complete list is available here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland