‘Climate Risk Profiles’ Released for Top Companies
A coalition of faith-based investors representing over $100 billion announced they have compiled “climate risk profiles” of over 150 corporations, using data from an independent company.
The companies’ profiles were developed by independent environmental data company Trucost, and noted whether a company reveals their greenhouse gas emissions, the percentage they deviate from their closest industry peers, and over 700 environmental indicators including water use, waste disposal and pollutants.
Examples of the top and bottom performers in three sectors include:
Chemicals – Chemtura Corp. (top) and Dow Chemical Company (bottom).
Financial Services – Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (top) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (bottom).
Technology – Google Inc. (top) and Intel Corporation (bottom).
The complete list is available here.
Energy Manager News
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains