‘Climate Risk Profiles’ Released for Top Companies
A coalition of faith-based investors representing over $100 billion announced they have compiled “climate risk profiles” of over 150 corporations, using data from an independent company.
The companies’ profiles were developed by independent environmental data company Trucost, and noted whether a company reveals their greenhouse gas emissions, the percentage they deviate from their closest industry peers, and over 700 environmental indicators including water use, waste disposal and pollutants.
Examples of the top and bottom performers in three sectors include:
Chemicals – Chemtura Corp. (top) and Dow Chemical Company (bottom).
Financial Services – Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (top) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (bottom).
Technology – Google Inc. (top) and Intel Corporation (bottom).
The complete list is available here.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market