‘Climate Risk Profiles’ Released for Top Companies
A coalition of faith-based investors representing over $100 billion announced they have compiled “climate risk profiles” of over 150 corporations, using data from an independent company.
The companies’ profiles were developed by independent environmental data company Trucost, and noted whether a company reveals their greenhouse gas emissions, the percentage they deviate from their closest industry peers, and over 700 environmental indicators including water use, waste disposal and pollutants.
Examples of the top and bottom performers in three sectors include:
Chemicals – Chemtura Corp. (top) and Dow Chemical Company (bottom).
Financial Services – Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (top) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (bottom).
Technology – Google Inc. (top) and Intel Corporation (bottom).
The complete list is available here.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store