‘Climate Risk Profiles’ Released for Top Companies
A coalition of faith-based investors representing over $100 billion announced they have compiled “climate risk profiles” of over 150 corporations, using data from an independent company.
The companies’ profiles were developed by independent environmental data company Trucost, and noted whether a company reveals their greenhouse gas emissions, the percentage they deviate from their closest industry peers, and over 700 environmental indicators including water use, waste disposal and pollutants.
Examples of the top and bottom performers in three sectors include:
Chemicals – Chemtura Corp. (top) and Dow Chemical Company (bottom).
Financial Services – Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (top) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (bottom).
Technology – Google Inc. (top) and Intel Corporation (bottom).
The complete list is available here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- New Biomass Bed Material Increases Efficiency, Cuts Costs
- Silver Spring Networks Makes Smart Lighting Announcements
- “Tectonic Shift” in US Energy Use: Renewables Surging; Coal, Oil, and Electricity Down
- Daktronics Scores with University of Missouri, NYC Transit System
- Orion Introduces High-Performing High Bays
- LEGO Invests in a German Wind Farm
- Andritz Cuts Energy Consumption at Brazilian Pulp and Paper Mill
- Accelerating the Growth of Battery Energy Storage Systems