Northern Ireland’s Environment Minister Bans Climate Change Ads
Northern Ireland’s environment minister Sammy Wilson has banned British government’s TV campaign on climate change, denouncing the energy-saving message as âinsidious propaganda,â AP reports.
Sammy Wilson has repeatedly raised eyebrows since winning the environment post in Northern Ireland’s power-sharing government last year. The hard-line Protestant, a leading light in the Democratic Unionist Party, argues that global weather patterns are naturally cooling, not warming â and humanity should invest in coping with God-driven climate change, not trying to slow down a man-made problem.
Wilson says he has written to the British government’s Department of Energy and Climate Change warning it not to distribute any more global-warming ads in Northern Ireland.
The London-based agency confirmed it would stop running the ads in Northern Ireland pending legal advice.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesnât Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obamaâs Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshireâs Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuumâs Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned