Copper Peak Logistics Offers ‘Carbon Neutral’ Shipping
Copper Peak Logistics, a fulfillment and logistics provider for the wine industry, is now offering a “carbon neutral” shipping option. Under this program, which is being touted as the first in the industry, Copper Peak will cover the cost to offset carbon emissions associated with its consumer direct wine shipments.
The company will buy carbon offsets from San Francisco-based offset provider Village Green Energy.
So far three California wineries – Robert Sinskey Vineyards, PlumJack Wines and Venge Vineyards – are participating in the carbon offset program.
Wineries across the nation have been taking a stab at reducing their carbon footprint. Some are tapping the sun for energy, while others are shipping wines in lighter bottles. Clif Family Winery adds $0.25 per bottle to help offset CO2 emissions generated by the packaging and shipment of orders.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management