Engineering Firm Hiring People For Green Auto Projects
Most U.S. companies in the auto industry have been cutting jobs, but at least one company in the auto industry is looking to expand — AeroVironment Inc.
“We’re looking to hire a lot of people,”Steven Gitlin, director of marketing strategies at AeroVironment, told Los Angeles Times.
AeroVironment currently lists 123 job openings on its site, many of them for engineers or technicians.
The company is looking to hire people for projects such as fast-charging installations for electric vehicles, developing test systems for new generations of lithium ion as well as other types of batteries that could be marketed to automakers working on electric vehicles.
The engineering firm is best known for solar cars and developing the prototype for the Chevrolet EV1.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses