Engineering Firm Hiring People For Green Auto Projects
Most U.S. companies in the auto industry have been cutting jobs, but at least one company in the auto industry is looking to expand — AeroVironment Inc.
“We’re looking to hire a lot of people,”Steven Gitlin, director of marketing strategies at AeroVironment, told Los Angeles Times.
AeroVironment currently lists 123 job openings on its site, many of them for engineers or technicians.
The company is looking to hire people for projects such as fast-charging installations for electric vehicles, developing test systems for new generations of lithium ion as well as other types of batteries that could be marketed to automakers working on electric vehicles.
The engineering firm is best known for solar cars and developing the prototype for the Chevrolet EV1.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B