Engineering Firm Hiring People For Green Auto Projects
Most U.S. companies in the auto industry have been cutting jobs, but at least one company in the auto industry is looking to expand — AeroVironment Inc.
“We’re looking to hire a lot of people,”Steven Gitlin, director of marketing strategies at AeroVironment, told Los Angeles Times.
AeroVironment currently lists 123 job openings on its site, many of them for engineers or technicians.
The company is looking to hire people for projects such as fast-charging installations for electric vehicles, developing test systems for new generations of lithium ion as well as other types of batteries that could be marketed to automakers working on electric vehicles.
The engineering firm is best known for solar cars and developing the prototype for the Chevrolet EV1.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform