Engineering Firm Hiring People For Green Auto Projects
Most U.S. companies in the auto industry have been cutting jobs, but at least one company in the auto industry is looking to expand — AeroVironment Inc.
“We’re looking to hire a lot of people,”Steven Gitlin, director of marketing strategies at AeroVironment, told Los Angeles Times.
AeroVironment currently lists 123 job openings on its site, many of them for engineers or technicians.
The company is looking to hire people for projects such as fast-charging installations for electric vehicles, developing test systems for new generations of lithium ion as well as other types of batteries that could be marketed to automakers working on electric vehicles.
The engineering firm is best known for solar cars and developing the prototype for the Chevrolet EV1.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant