LG and Samsung Announce Solar-Charging Phones
LG and Samsung are both launching cell phones with built-in solar panels for recharging the battery, PC World reports.
Samsung’s “Blue Earth” is meant to look like a “well-rounded pebble,” says the company. The phone is composed of recycled plastic, without harmful substances like brominated flame retardants (BFRs), Beryllium and phthalates.
Both models feature solar cells on the back of the phone. The panels are used to recharge the phone batteries, which also come with chargers. While these introductory models are prototypes, LG says it plans on marketing a future model that will get 3 minutes of talk time after a 10 minute solar charge.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners