Coffee Maker Offers $800,000 in Climate Change Grants
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters is encouraging organizations to apply for grants to help respond to climate change.
Green Mountain Coffee will award four $200,000 grants, each payable over five years.
The grants will be part of Green Mountain Coffee’s campaign, “Changing Climate Change,” which includes operational changes, employee incentives to reduce carbon emissions and buying carbon offsets.
Green Mountain Coffee is seeking applicants in four areas:
- threats to coffee-growing communities
- transportation-related emissions
- building political will
- empowering individual action
Learn more here.
In January, Green Mountain Coffee released its corporate sustainability report.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments