Fuji Xerox To Cut Emissions 30% By 2020
Fuji Xerox Co plans to reduce its annual CO2 emissions to about 1.2 million tons by 2020; a 30 percent reduction from its 2005 CO2 emission levels of 1.7 million tons.
The company says it is also planning to cut CO2 emissions at customers’ operations by 7 million tons per year.
In order to reach its goal, Fuji Xerox says it will develop and grow products that minimize environmental impact during end-user usage. The company will target an 80 percent reduction of per-unit power consumption from the level in 2005.
In addition, the company plans to build a mechanism for low-carbon manufacturing that includes the entire supply chain. It is targeting a 75 percent reduction of per-unit CO2 emissions during manufacturing from the level in 2005.
In 2007, the company’s executive signed environmental pledges at the Global Compact leaders Summit.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses