Fuji Xerox To Cut Emissions 30% By 2020
Fuji Xerox Co plans to reduce its annual CO2 emissions to about 1.2 million tons by 2020; a 30 percent reduction from its 2005 CO2 emission levels of 1.7 million tons.
The company says it is also planning to cut CO2 emissions at customers’ operations by 7 million tons per year.
In order to reach its goal, Fuji Xerox says it will develop and grow products that minimize environmental impact during end-user usage. The company will target an 80 percent reduction of per-unit power consumption from the level in 2005.
In addition, the company plans to build a mechanism for low-carbon manufacturing that includes the entire supply chain. It is targeting a 75 percent reduction of per-unit CO2 emissions during manufacturing from the level in 2005.
In 2007, the company’s executive signed environmental pledges at the Global Compact leaders Summit.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016