Fuji Xerox To Cut Emissions 30% By 2020
Fuji Xerox Co plans to reduce its annual CO2 emissions to about 1.2 million tons by 2020; a 30 percent reduction from its 2005 CO2 emission levels of 1.7 million tons.
The company says it is also planning to cut CO2 emissions at customers’ operations by 7 million tons per year.
In order to reach its goal, Fuji Xerox says it will develop and grow products that minimize environmental impact during end-user usage. The company will target an 80 percent reduction of per-unit power consumption from the level in 2005.
In addition, the company plans to build a mechanism for low-carbon manufacturing that includes the entire supply chain. It is targeting a 75 percent reduction of per-unit CO2 emissions during manufacturing from the level in 2005.
In 2007, the company’s executive signed environmental pledges at the Global Compact leaders Summit.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store