Fuji Xerox To Cut Emissions 30% By 2020
Fuji Xerox Co plans to reduce its annual CO2 emissions to about 1.2 million tons by 2020; a 30 percent reduction from its 2005 CO2 emission levels of 1.7 million tons.
The company says it is also planning to cut CO2 emissions at customers’ operations by 7 million tons per year.
In order to reach its goal, Fuji Xerox says it will develop and grow products that minimize environmental impact during end-user usage. The company will target an 80 percent reduction of per-unit power consumption from the level in 2005.
In addition, the company plans to build a mechanism for low-carbon manufacturing that includes the entire supply chain. It is targeting a 75 percent reduction of per-unit CO2 emissions during manufacturing from the level in 2005.
In 2007, the company’s executive signed environmental pledges at the Global Compact leaders Summit.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years