Gingerbread Maker Taps into Compostable Packaging, Sports ‘Seedling’ Logo
Produced by Innovia Films, NatureFlex is compostable. To inform consumers of this, Gingerbread Folk’s product will bear the “seedling” logo.
The latest NatureFlex film, in addition to being transparent, biodegradable and compostable, also sports a moisture barrier.
Among other users of NatureFlex, Nestlé UK will use it to wrap Quality Street, one of its signature confectionery brands, according to the article.
Additionally, Twinings is using NatureFlex for its Everyday tea product line.
The EarthCycle-Natureflex Organic Kiwi Package was recognized in 2008 as among the winners of the 20th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls