Gingerbread Maker Taps into Compostable Packaging, Sports ‘Seedling’ Logo
Produced by Innovia Films, NatureFlex is compostable. To inform consumers of this, Gingerbread Folk’s product will bear the “seedling” logo.
The latest NatureFlex film, in addition to being transparent, biodegradable and compostable, also sports a moisture barrier.
Among other users of NatureFlex, Nestlé UK will use it to wrap Quality Street, one of its signature confectionery brands, according to the article.
Additionally, Twinings is using NatureFlex for its Everyday tea product line.
The EarthCycle-Natureflex Organic Kiwi Package was recognized in 2008 as among the winners of the 20th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend