China Targets 60% Cut In Water Used Per Unit Of GDP
By 2020, China’s water resources ministry seeks to slash water consumption per unit of gross domestic product 60 percent, according to UPI.
Lui said water consumption was down 10 percent in 2008 from 2007. Still, two-thirds of China’s cities are dealing with water shortages. Furthermore, 200 million rural people do not have adequate supplies of drinking water.
On top of that, China is suffering its worst drought in 50 years.
Environmental challenges in China are changing the way firms do business, according to this column.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls