China Targets 60% Cut In Water Used Per Unit Of GDP
By 2020, China’s water resources ministry seeks to slash water consumption per unit of gross domestic product 60 percent, according to UPI.
Lui said water consumption was down 10 percent in 2008 from 2007. Still, two-thirds of China’s cities are dealing with water shortages. Furthermore, 200 million rural people do not have adequate supplies of drinking water.
On top of that, China is suffering its worst drought in 50 years.
Environmental challenges in China are changing the way firms do business, according to this column.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management