INX Ramps Up ‘Green’ Initiatives
As part of the company’s sustainability agenda, INX International Ink has introduced six ‘green’ corporate initiatives that include energy and utility conservation; waste reduction and landfill elimination; water conservation; product design for the environment; materials sourcing and supply chain management; and social responsibility.
“Long before ‘green’ and ‘sustainable’ became popular terms, we were putting those words into action,” said Rick Clendenning, INX’s president and CEO, in a statement. “In fact, to us, green means more than low or no-VOC inks. It means additional initiatives and activities that also include important activities that reduce waste, recycle water, and conserve energy.”
The plan calls for the reduction of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions per unit of production, and cutting additional emissions through more efficient product transportation.
The company has set a goal to eliminate all land-fill manufacturing waste and will use more environmentally friendly, end-of-life cycle options such as energy recovery, where feasible. By reducing total fresh water consumption, INX is using the newest technology to maintain treated wastewater and monitor irrigation systems.
Many of these six company initiatives were instrumental in helping INX International’s Sacramento office earn Gold Certification status as a Sacramento Sustainable Business (SSB) in 2008, said the company. With established Environment, Health, & Safety and GREEN teams at all of its plants, all of INX International’s main manufacturing facilities are certified to the ISO 9001 Standard. The company’s Dunkirk, N.Y. and Charlotte, N.C. plants are ISO 14001 certified.
Energy Manager News
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind