Frito-Lay Adds 1,200 Fuel-Efficient Sprinter Vehicles
The new Sprinter vehicles improve gas mileage to 17 miles per gallon (MPG), which is more than 50% over current route trucks. In addition, the improved MPG and more efficient 3.0-liter diesel engines translate into a 28% reduction of CO2 emissions per vehicle. Other benefits include additional product and safety features, which include larger cargo capacity and advanced driver and front passenger air bags.
Over the last five years, Frito-Lay has implemented a number of programs to improve the company’s fleet performance. It has also implemented other sustainability efforts including a program to save $55 million on water and energy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland