Frito-Lay Adds 1,200 Fuel-Efficient Sprinter Vehicles
The new Sprinter vehicles improve gas mileage to 17 miles per gallon (MPG), which is more than 50% over current route trucks. In addition, the improved MPG and more efficient 3.0-liter diesel engines translate into a 28% reduction of CO2 emissions per vehicle. Other benefits include additional product and safety features, which include larger cargo capacity and advanced driver and front passenger air bags.
Over the last five years, Frito-Lay has implemented a number of programs to improve the company’s fleet performance. It has also implemented other sustainability efforts including a program to save $55 million on water and energy.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report