Frito-Lay Adds 1,200 Fuel-Efficient Sprinter Vehicles
The new Sprinter vehicles improve gas mileage to 17 miles per gallon (MPG), which is more than 50% over current route trucks. In addition, the improved MPG and more efficient 3.0-liter diesel engines translate into a 28% reduction of CO2 emissions per vehicle. Other benefits include additional product and safety features, which include larger cargo capacity and advanced driver and front passenger air bags.
Over the last five years, Frito-Lay has implemented a number of programs to improve the company’s fleet performance. It has also implemented other sustainability efforts including a program to save $55 million on water and energy.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.