Frito-Lay Adds 1,200 Fuel-Efficient Sprinter Vehicles
The new Sprinter vehicles improve gas mileage to 17 miles per gallon (MPG), which is more than 50% over current route trucks. In addition, the improved MPG and more efficient 3.0-liter diesel engines translate into a 28% reduction of CO2 emissions per vehicle. Other benefits include additional product and safety features, which include larger cargo capacity and advanced driver and front passenger air bags.
Over the last five years, Frito-Lay has implemented a number of programs to improve the company’s fleet performance. It has also implemented other sustainability efforts including a program to save $55 million on water and energy.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage