Frito-Lay Adds 1,200 Fuel-Efficient Sprinter Vehicles
The new Sprinter vehicles improve gas mileage to 17 miles per gallon (MPG), which is more than 50% over current route trucks. In addition, the improved MPG and more efficient 3.0-liter diesel engines translate into a 28% reduction of CO2 emissions per vehicle. Other benefits include additional product and safety features, which include larger cargo capacity and advanced driver and front passenger air bags.
Over the last five years, Frito-Lay has implemented a number of programs to improve the company’s fleet performance. It has also implemented other sustainability efforts including a program to save $55 million on water and energy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency
- Three NJ Communities Say No to School HVAC System Upgrades
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Researchers Make Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT