Georgia-Pacific Professional Products Sport EcoLogo Certification
Georgia-Pacific Professional has received EcoLogo certification for a broad selection of its tissue, towel and napkin products.
As part of the program, independent audits were conducted at the manufacturing facilities of products undergoing certification. Elements of the audit included natural resource consumption, energy consumption, effluent quality, and solid waste from the facility.
The EcoLogo program compares products and services with others in the same category and awards the EcoLogo certification to those that are environmentally preferable.
Last December EcoLogo partnered with EPEAT, the environmental ratings systems for computers, so that electronics manufacturers who want to register products in the EPEAT registry can do so through either organizations.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries